From Anita Brown Culinary Coach
Along with the grilled meat this Father’s Day, add this quick, good for you dish.
It is a crowd pleaser!
For more tasty dishes for the grill call Anita Brown Culinary Coach – 847 673-4623, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
1 small shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 red Thai chile, minced (or your chile of choice)
1 Tbs. finely grated fresh ginger
1 Tbs. fresh chopped cilantro
1 mango, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch diced pieces
2 lbs. large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup baby arugula – washed and dried
- Light grill or preheat a grill pan.
- In medium bowl, stir 3 Tbs. olive oil with the vinegar, minced shallot, garlic, chile, grated ginger and chopped cilantro. Fold in diced mango, season with salt.
- Drizzle shrimp with oil, toss to coat, season with salt, pepper.
- Grill shrimp over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and just cooked through, four minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to plates and top with mango salsa.
- Mound arugula leaves alongside shrimp. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Shopping: olive oil, white wine vinegar, shallot, fresh garlic, red Thai chile, fresh ginger, fresh cilantro, mango, large shrimp, kosher salt, baby arugula.
Tools: grill or grill pan, chef knife, cutting board, measuring spoons and cups, medium mixing bowl, wooden spoons, grater, tongs.
Adapted from Food and Wine