Easy Grilled Shrimp with Mango Chile Salsa
From Anita Brown Culinary Coach
Along with the grilled meat this Father’s Day, add this quick, good for you dish.
It is a crowd pleaser!
For more tasty dishes for the grill call Anita Brown Culinary Coach – 847 673-4623, or e-mail her at email@example.com
3 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
1 small shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 red Thai chile, minced (or your chile of choice)
1 Tbs. finely grated fresh ginger
1 Tbs. fresh chopped cilantro
1 mango, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch diced pieces
2 lbs. large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Freshly ground pepper
1 cup baby arugula – washed and dried
- Light grill or preheat a grill pan.
- In medium bowl, stir 3 Tbs. olive oil with the vinegar, minced shallot, garlic, chile, grated ginger and chopped cilantro. Fold in diced mango, season with salt.
- Drizzle shrimp with oil, toss to coat, season with salt, pepper.
- Grill shrimp over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and just cooked through, four minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to plates and top with mango salsa.
- Mound arugula leaves alongside shrimp. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Shopping: olive oil, white wine vinegar, shallot, fresh garlic, red Thai chile, fresh ginger, fresh cilantro, mango, large shrimp, kosher salt, baby arugula.
Tools: grill or grill pan, chef knife, cutting board, measuring spoons and cups, medium mixing bowl, wooden spoons, grater, tongs.
Adapted from Food and Wine
www.anitaculinarycoach.com Watch her YouTube video here!
No comments yet.