Hope is available for 1-on-1 adjustments. Hope can see you privately for a 15 minute adjustment. She is working Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and has opened up some weekend office hours. Surfaces are being wiped down. Hand sanitizer is available. We continue to follow the covid policies we have created and refined over the past 6 months. See below for more on those protocols.
We are constantly updating our policies to respond to best practices and new research. Please ask if anything you read seems out of date.
1) We are physically distancing in the adjusting room. The tables have been moved so that they are all 6 feet apart. If you would like to be in the private exam room, please let us know when you schedule.
2) Please wear a mask in the office. Meggie, Hope, and Will are wearing masks while adjusting. The front desk team are wearing masks at the front desk.
3) We are wiping down tables and surfaces between patients.
4) Please wash your hands in the bathroom or use the hand sanitizer at the front desk upon entering the office.
5) The kids room is still available! The stuffed animals and other soft toys have been removed (sadly this includes the every popular Jack-in-the-box). You do not need to clean up at the end of your visit. Leaving the toys out allows us to wipe everything down before we put it back.
6) If you have a fever, other symptoms or have tested positive for covid, please refrain from entering the office. Meggie is happy to do a video session with you if you are symptomatic or have been exposed to anyone who has covid.
If cases continue to rise:
In March Chiropractic First closed completely because the novel coronavirus was novel. Meggie needed to learn best practices and figure out how to manage exposure. After months of reading and consulting with colleagues, Chiropractic First feels confident in our ability to mitigate the risks of covid.
We may reduce the number of people in the adjusting room.
We might go back to 1-on-1 adjusting.
We may have Dr. Hope, Dr. Meggie and Dr. Will all working different hours so that there are fewer people in the office at any given time.
We may have Brie working from home to further limit exposure.
We may start offering more telehealth appointments.
In the spring we closed and slowly reopened. We moved through a lot of different phases of covid risk management. We are prepared to change our policies to reflect the needs and demands of the current moment.
Chiropractic is health care. It is considered an essential service. If we completely close the office, it will be because we do not think we can keep our patients or our community safe. However, we have a whole lot of actions we can take before we consider that most drastic step.
Please be aware that there are people who are asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic. We are doing what we can to keep everyone healthy! But we cannot assure that there will not be patients in the practice who fall into those categories.